School can be stressful. We get that. This is why MySpectrum is offering Tele Student Therapy (TST). It doesn’t matter if you are a student in middle school, high school, college, graduate school, or trade school, we want to make sure you take care of your Mental Health while you work on your education.We serve clients all over the state of Virginia, from near our home office in North Chesterfield, all the way up to Northern Virginia via teletherapy.
What is TST? TST is therapy that is conducted remotely via a secure and confidential web portal that MySpectrum designed specifically for clients who choose us. Our Therapists are Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and Licensed Clinical Psychologists throughout the state of Virginia. Most of our Therapists are licensed in Virginia and even other states to meet the needs of out-of-state students. You don’t need to come to an office to receive student mental health services from our therapists. You can meet with them from campus, your home, or somewhere private where you feel comfortable. All you need is a reliable way to get online. This can be your laptop, cell phone, or tablet.
How can TST help you? TST can help you navigate the struggles and hurdles you may be experiencing as a result of being a student, or even just with life in general. Some of the following are areas we can focus on with our online therapy for college students (or any students):
- Separation from loved ones
- Grief and loss
- Life transitions
- Life planning
- Relationship struggles
- Identity (racial, LGBTQIA, socioeconomic, etc.,)
- Social and peer pressure
- Social Distancing
- The list goes on!
Because your experience is your very own, we know that the reasons you come to us will be different from anyone else. For this reason, we encourage you to give us a call and give our student mental health resources a try.
*We accept most major insurance plans for TST! This means that we will charge your insurance for sessions and might charge you a co-pay, depending on your insurance plan, just like if you went to a doctor’s office. We accept the insurance plans that colleges and universities have available to students.
Visit our MyTeam page to learn more about our Teletherapists!
Once you see a Teletherapist on our MyTeam page with whom you think you would be a good fit, follow these steps to schedule your first appointment:
- Fill out and submit the Get Started form here or call us at: 804-924-2236.
- MySpectrum will contact you to schedule an appointment. Make sure you have your health insurance card ready so that we can let you know if you have a co-payment. Also make sure to have a credit card available so that we can enter that into our billing system to collect any co-payment. We will use this credit card to collect any payments on an ongoing basis, so you don’t need to continue to provide this information to us unless you want to change the credit card you are using.
- Have your schedule available so that we can find a time that works for you and our Teletherapist.
- Be prepared to provide an email address so that we can send you paperwork to complete before your first appointment. This will also allow us to set you up in the online therapy portal.
- After scheduling your appointment, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete initial paperwork. You will also receive information about setting up your online therapy account.
- Be on the lookout for a confirmation email about your appointment.
- Test out your internet connection before your appointment time and ensure that you have both audio and sound turned on for your Therapist to talk with you.
- Make sure to find a spot at home, school, your car, outside, wherever you are comfortable that will give you privacy.
- When your appointment time comes, please try to log in to the session about 5-10 minutes early to make sure that everything is running smoothly. You will go to a virtual waiting room until your Therapist arrives for the session.
- Finally, prepare yourself to be open and honest with your Therapist. We want you to get the most out of your time with your Therapist so that you can be on the path to living your best life.
Date #2: 8/20/21