If you want to check with your insurance carrier before completing a form or calling to schedule an appointment, here are some questions to ask when you call the number on the back of your insurance card:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is included in my mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible and has it been met?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover per calendar year?
- Is a primary care physician referral required for me to go to therapy?
- What are my co-pays for therapy?
If insurance is confusing for you, like most people, at MySpectrum we can help you figure out your benefits by having your insurance information.